Sunday, October 25, 2015

Glitter Ornament

Ok, where did the weekend go? The work week never seems to pass as quickly as the weekend, does it? Before we know it, Santa will be here. Time to get more Christmas cards made, so today I have one to share that my friend, Rosalie, showed me how to make.


I love this glittered ornament! It looks elegant, yet it's easy to make. I die cut white CS with a SSS stitched rectangle die and then a circle die. Then I adhered heavy duty packing tape to the back of the white CS, sticky side up. I added fine glitter to the sticky packing tape and really pressed it in with my finger. A snippet of pattern paper was added to red CS and the white CS was adhered over that. The panel was adhered to a card base and a ribbon hanger was added to the ornament. I added a sentiment and the card was finished. 

It may sound difficult, but it really isn't. Imagine all the different ornaments you could make by changing the pp and color scheme. I think a few of these packaged together would make lovely gifts. 

I'm entering this into Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 200. I'm so thrilled that Di chose this card I made as one of last week's picks. Thanks, Di!

That's all for today. Have a great last week of October. Wait! Can it really be the end of October? I need to go buy candy for the trick or treaters. Enjoy!

                                                                    Pam



10 comments:

  1. LOVE the softness the glitter gives with this technique. You're right. It could be so versatile. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound difficult but it sure does look fabulous, like a glass ornament in the tree, have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Pam, and I was with you every step of the way - you explained it really well. I've done similar but never as a hanging bauble die cut - so clever!

    Glad you enjoyed being a weekly pick, it gets harder each week to choose I must admit!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam, I just popped over from the Playground. Your ornament card is so pretty. Thanks for sharing how you did it. Congratulations too on being a special pick by Di with your gorgeous leaf card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely ornament, Pam ... the shimmer is fabulous ... wonderful with that bright red bow! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the leaf card spotlight, Pam! I have a feeling this beautiful card will earn another spotlight from Di! It took me a few rereads and clicking the photo before I got the ah-ha moment, but I did. What a cool technique!! This is so crisp and pretty and classically Christmas!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam-not that I am chasing you but I was going through entries at TO and you didn't add your spooky card to the gallery-would love to see it there-only following it up as loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...Pam, this shimmery ornament is simply spectacular! What a fascinating technique and the results: breath-taking! A set of these as Christmas gifts...yes, yes and yes! You'll delight and dazzle whoever receives them: home-made and stunning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Christmas bauble, very clever design. I'll try to make one too, thank you for the tutorial.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a clever idea. It makes a simple and beautiful card and versatile as you say.

    ReplyDelete