Sunday, March 1, 2015

Welcome, March!

It's the first day of March, so it's time to think St. Patrick's Day and spring! I love St. Patrick's Day. Here in Syracuse we have a big parade every year, lots of Irish dancing and fun.



 This card came together very quickly. One inch was cut from the front of a side folding Neenah card base. The sentiment and the shamrocks are from Verve Stamps Lucky You stamp set. The images were stamped with Versamark embossing ink, and then heat embossed with Ranger Embossing Antiquites Verdigris. Love that embossing powder. I added a single gold gem to embellish.

I would like to enter this into:

     Muse Challenge #106 - Shona Chambers is this week's Muse:
    ETA :  Simply Create Too Challenge #80 - St. Patrick's Day/Mostly Green
                  Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Lucky


My second  card for today makes me think spring.

     
To begin I stamped a jar that I found in my stash, masking off the lid. Once again I used Avery Elle's Thanks a Bunch stamp set to add the leaves, flowers and tag. The jar was colored with Prisma Colored Pencils and GamsolSimon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles were used to die cut the panel and a frame. I added a piece of A-muse ribbon around the panel and adhered the pieces to an A-muse blue pinstripe card base.

I am entering this into: 



     Shopping Our Stash #190 - Out of the Jar 

Lastly, I have to say a huge "Thank You!" to Shopping Our Stash for naming me one of their Top 3 in Challenge #189 - The Big Screen. Also, to my incredibly talented friend, Lyn Bernatovich, of Lyn's Paper Petunia, for spotlighting me in her Paper Petunia News this week. Lyn helped introduce me to this wonderful paper crafting world we are all a part of and love. Thank you, Lyn!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

                                                  Pam

     

14 comments:

  1. Fab cards. Love the CAS designs of your 1st card, lots of wonderful white space. Thanks for joining us at atsm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Perfect for spring! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing St. Patrick's day cards. I love yours! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! I love the fabulous springy feel you've given your card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card inspirations Pam!!! You continue to amaze me!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fun and fabulous cards, i definitely feel closer to spring right now! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (out of the jar!) STASH with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards Pam, love them both equally.
    the St Pats one is a superb take on Shona's card and thanks so much for playing along at ATSM too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love it when your idea for a card comes together so quickly and simply!! This is CAS perfection and I'm so jealous of your shamrock stamp. There are a few challenges around at the moment for St Patricks Day and I don't have any appropriate stamps. I also really love how you used the same green for your sentiment too, really brings the card together. I know of two other challenges where you could enter this card: Curtain Call and Simply Create Too, if your interested. Thank you so very much for joining me at Muse this week and hope you enjoy the parade!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you went monochrome for the Muse card - love the bold, fresh green (I'm a little sick of white (snow) right now! lol!) So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew you made this for the Muse - fabulous card! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your St Patrick's day card is super simple and just fab! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome stamping Pam and I love that great design. You are rockin' the cards lately girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card....Thanks for joining the shopping our stash crew for our "Out of the Jar" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great. CAS cards! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete