Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy Easter

Today I spent a bit of time making my first Easter card of the year.


This darling image is from the EGG-stra Special stamp set I purchased a couple of years ago from There She Goes Stamps. Sadly, they are no longer in business. I colored this sweet little girl with Copics, but did not take the time to do real Copic coloring and blending. Maybe next time I ink her up I will. My Copic "skills" are very early beginner at best. I need lots of practice which requires time. Hence, only simple coloring on today's card.

I used my Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles (yes, again!) to die cut the image and to create a frame around the image. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I used a  Signo White Uni-Ball Pen to add dots to the eggs in her basket. The banners were cut from Lawn Fawn's Let's Polka 6 x 6 paper pad.

I will be entering this into these challenges:

     CASology: Week 136 - the cue card is basket 
     Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Special Lady/Girly





 As always, thanks for visiting and leaving such sweet comments. They brighten my day and are truly appreciated. Have a wonderful week!

                                                      Pam

5 comments:

  1. I think she is adorable and that you did a fantastic job with your colouring. I don't use Copics at all but can imagine there is a lot of practicing to do and things to learn with the blending etc. Look forward to seeing how you progress with future cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so adorable! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daring card, Pam! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology. Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pam! Super cute card. I love how you colored your image. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The polka dot banners just stole my heart!
    Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch !

    ReplyDelete