Saturday, March 7, 2015

Congrats Grad Money Holder

Happy weekend! It's hard to believe that Daylight Savings Time begins early tomorrow morning, but it means we're another step closer to Spring! Finally!

Last night I made a card in a size I've never made; an elongated 4" by 9 1/4" size.


I am entering this into the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches #176. Here's the sketch by Cindy Hall - 


My card is a graduation money holder. Our school colors are orange and blue. I had this leftover piece of scrapbook paper with an orange and blue stripe along the bottom from when I made two of my nieces their high school scrapbooks. I added a piece of the matching blue paper inside the card at the bottom with 1/4" Scor-Tape,  forming a pocket to hold money. 

The 'congrats' stamp is from The Big, The Bold and You stamp set from winnie & walter. I love the word sets in The Big, the Bold series. They come with a few large words and many small ones in each set. There are so many words in the sets that you can probably make any sentiment you want, if you have them all. (I'm working on that.) Hero Arts Navy ink was used to stamp 'congrats' and A-Muse Studio orange ink to stamp the 'you'. I added a piece of orange and white twine around the top and tied it in a bow.

Having never made a card in an elongated size before, I was surprised with how much I liked this size. If you don't like or want to make your own envelope, this size will fit into a standard legal envelope.

Be sure to stop over at the Freshly Made Sketches #176 blog post to see all the inspiring cards. These really are quite fun to make.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your weekend!

                                                            Pam


1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful graduation card! I love how you can personlize it by incorporating the class colors. Someone is really going to love this! Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete