Monday, February 9, 2015

Happy Birthday

This is my second post today. Can you believe that? I really did take advantage of the snow day we had here. I managed to finish all my valentine cards and get a few birthday cards done, too. Does everyone run out of these as quickly as I do? It seems I never have enough birthday cards on hand.


This is one I came up with after about ten attempts. I was trying to create it to go in a couple of challenges, and it took forever to come together. It is a one layer card, but I think it appears to have some dimension. I'm happy with how it finally came out.

The balloon image is an old Stampin Up stamp that I've had for a long time. For the confetti along the edge, I used winnie & walter's fabulous Scenery: Big Bang Bling stamp set. I love winnie & walter products. Both the balloon and the confetti were stamped with Blush ink from A-muse. 

I used the Handwritten Borders set from Simon Says Stamp for the sentiment and the string on the balloon. The border along the confetti is a stamp in the Happy Every Day set, also from Simon Says Stamp. Those were all stamped using Hero Arts Wet Cement Mid-Tone Shadow ink. I always love pink and grey together. It's one of my favorite color combos.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

     Less is More - Color Challenge: pink and grey


     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes






Thanks for visiting and have a fabulous week!

                                                      Pam

10 comments:

  1. So pretty Pam! That balloon looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant with the string of the balloon and matching sentiment Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally gorgeous Pam.
    great use of the colours
    Thanks for playing along with our 4th birthday challenge this week
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam your card is so beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch ans Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really sweet Pam. I love the simplicity!
    Thanks so much for joining our birthday challenge!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card! Love the girly colours and the wonderful balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty one layer card. Love that big balloon. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The balloon is lots of fun and I love that scripty sentiment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your one layer creation!
    Thanks for joining our fourth birthday celebrations at LIM!
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete