Monday, October 13, 2014

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #17

I haven't entered the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge in awhile. It's a fabulous challenge run by the amazing Gloria Stengel of Scraps of Life. You really must visit to see all the stunning projects by the designers.

I finally finished my Halloween configurations box. Digging into the bin where I hoard store all of my Halloween and fall goodies to make this was so much fun. I  also used lots of older Tim Holtz products, of course!


First I painted all the pieces of the box with Tarnished Brass distress paint. I added some tiny scraps of  paper from the Lost & Found Seasonal Paper Stash that I have left inside some boxes. Then I used Hobgoblin Tissue Tape that I've had forever on the edges of all the little boxes . After hot gluing the boxes onto the base, I added more of that fab tissue tape to the outside edges. (I don't think it's available anymore, and I only have a little left. Sigh.) 

Next came the fun of adding lots of goodies in the boxes. There's skeletons, skulls, caskets, a bony hand and a crow from Michaels, I believe. I put some alcohol ink into an Idea-ology corked vial and then covered it with a bat label. The skulls are strung on hemp that is hanging in a box. I die cut some Spellbinders Tomb Stones from grungeboard and added them behind some of the figurines. There's also a die cut spider web with some spiders.

I also added an Idea-ology skull & crossbones and some Remnant Rubs from the Apothecary set. There's a tea light in one of the boxes that also has tissue tape on it. The feet of the box are wooden balls painted black. 

I first saw one of these made by May Flaum on her blog a few years ago when I started to become interested in more than just scrapbooking. It was the first time I had ever seen a project done with these. Thanks, May, for the fabulous introduction to these awesome boxes! 

So, that's my project for Challenge #17 - Happy Fall Y'all! Nothing says fall like a spooky Halloween. 

7 comments:

  1. Quite a scary creation! I love the elements you incorporated and that raven is just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous sense of humor you have! Those skeletons are really partying up a storm. I especially love the skeleton on the upper right top - clearly a party animal! This is just a delight to look at. You're definitely a fit with the "box crowd". I'm so glad you shared at the CHACB, so I'd get to see this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool Love all that you added here. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I bet you had so much fun making this. The more goodies you can pull out and use the better. Right? LOL This will be so fun to have out for Halloween. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing!!! how cool to have this up!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool project! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word. This is so interesting. I love to look at all the little bits and bobs. Creepy but fun! Thanks for coming back and playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous! You are such a good supporter of the challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete